Friday 4 April 2014

Japanese Medium Sensha - Type 89 Chi-Ro

I've had these tanks knocking around ever since they were available from the shops.  In true winner Dave style I've only just gotten around to getting them painted.  That said I'm planning to stop putting pressure on myself to speed up, I'm painting at my own speed and in my own time from now on.


I know everyone's on a plastic tanks kick at the moment, but I have to say as far as resin models go, these are absolutely gorgeous.  


As you can see I decided to base them, in order to tie them in better with the infantry I've already painted.  I procrastinated for quite a while but now it's done I'm glad I did it.

I've got to get better at tidying up static grass before I take photos...problem is I can't usually see it until I've taken the shot.  Then I can't be bothered to retake the photos...terrible really.


































Anyway, I hope you like them, if I was doing them again I'd make more of the yellow bands, more twists and turns, and also make them thinner.  I'm happy with the level of weathering, I wanted a dusty look as opposed to muddy.  I'd also improve the level of airbrushed highlights...but you can't have everything.

Take it easy

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! These things look dirty and banged up which is just great. I'm not a fan of vehicle basing in general, but yours look really good. The flower petals on the left side of the tank are a really nice touch.

    As for resin v. plastic, I'm definitely on the side of plastic. There are some really excellent resin models out there, but I find that the quality, price, and flexibility of plastics comes out on top in my book for "the usual suspects". However, for unusual equipment or vehicles in lower demand resin will continue to be king until such time as 3D printing is ready for the big leagues.

    Keep on gaming!

    Nick blogs at Spotting Round.

    ReplyDelete