Monday 7 January 2013

Fallschirmjäger Pak 40 Platoon

Good day,

I hope  your new year's celebrations and what not got off to a good start and you are keeping to your resolutions.

Having had a long break from work has been fantastic for painting, and I've managed to get these Pak 40s done.  I've managed to keep the theme going from the heavy mortars, which I am very pleased with.

I did my usual trick of painting the guns, deciding I don't like them, strip and paint again, typical!

A friend challenged me with regards to painting thin camo lines.  I assured him I could do it, then thought that was a bold statement and set out to try it.

Talk about frustrating...I got so mad and several times thought I was heading for a third stripping session.

I think I made the paint too thin, so that it kept running like an ink, but tip you read on the interwebs suggests you should thin the paint even more than normal if you are doing thin lines.  Bull tish, I think it needs to be a tad thicker so you don't get the ink effect especially when doing cylindrical shapes like barrels.  Oh and next time, screw freehand, i'm using masks :)

So without further ado here they are...







Thanks "Winner" Dave

3 comments: