Thursday 5 July 2012

Hobby Plans for July

Hi All

I thought I would do something a bit different this month. My painting production has been down in the past few months so I'm going to post monthly goals on the blog to help keep me focused. I would also like everyone to post friendly reminders as the month goes on as I dare say I will forget what I'm meant to be doing from month to month (lets face it I'm a hobbyist, all it takes is something shinny to distract me!).

So what I have got planned for this month?

Painting wise I'm planning on finishing off my Irish Guards, this will be:-

A Sherman Platoon (2 Shermans and 2 Fireflies)
A Stuart Platoon (4 Stuarts) - This one might end up in next months if they don't turn up on time

 This will let me use this list
  Confident    Veteran   Guards Armoured Squadron
British Late-War
PlatoonQtyUnitPoints
Headquarters
Guards Armoured Squadron HQ p.17
1
1
1
Sherman V
Sherman V with .50 cal AA MG
Warrior JOE Vandeleur in Humber
240
Combat Platoons
Guards Armoured Platoon p.17
2
2
Sherman V
Firefly VC
390
Guards Armoured Platoon p.17
2
2
Sherman V
Firefly VC
390
Guards Armoured Platoon p.17
2
2
Sherman V
Firefly VC
390
Weapons Platoons
Guards Recce Patrol p.18
3Stuart VI165
Company Points:1575
www.EasyArmy.com Source document: Hell's Highway

I have some Terrain on the go, so I'm planning on making and paint:-

3 Kerr and King buildings to finish my French Set
2 Large Woods - I say woods I have made a few bases to use the GF 9 trees I have
5 Wood Strips for the sides of roads - sort of the same as above

Building wise I have a Soviet Army and US army on the go so i would like to get all of them built this month:-

20 Plastic Soldier Company T34's - for a Mid War and Late War army
Kommissar Dedov's T34 for the company HQ
3 ISU 122
Spetsnaz Platoon for 5 bases of infantry and 3 German Half Tracks
8 M18's
5 Stuarts
Support vehicles for the Tank Destroyer company

I have also been busy with a few trades on the WWPD Forum trading section, so I have some US Paras on the way to me for yet another project! But that's for a future month (probably September/October).

So let the painting and building begin and please keep sending those reminders!

Thanks for your time Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment